Nomad Women is All About Us… Older Women Who Love to Travel… Or Want to Start
Hi, I’m Donna Meyer, and I’ve been a world traveler—both real and virtual—my whole life. I’m an award-winning travel writer (including a NATJA Gold Award for 2018), blogger and photographer. Growing up in southern California, I knew from a young age the world was bigger than what I saw around me. Now I’ve traveled to more than 30 countries and lived in five. Currently, my home base is in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
Now in my 70s, I created Nomad Women in 2014 to inspire and empower women like me who travel… or want to. We’re not girls. We’re not “Millennials” or “Gen-Xers” or “Gen-Yers.” We’re not kids. We are mature women and we’ve been around awhile… around the block, around the country, or around the world… and we’re not done yet.
Call us Baby Boomers. Call us the Peter Pan Generation. Call us 50+ers. Just don’t call us OLD.
Back in the ’60s, we helped change the world. Now, in our 60s (or almost, or beyond), we want to see more of it. Ours was the first generation to haul our backpacks across Europe in huge numbers, with a battered and dog-eared copy of “Europe on $5 a Day” in hand. Today, we still travel in huge numbers, maybe a little more comfortably and a lot more wisely. We’ve slowed down, not because of age, but because of wisdom. We want to see more clearly, learn more deeply, experience more wholly. Our sense of adventure is intact, tempered with the common sense that comes with having a few more years on our clocks.
Why Nomad Women is for YOU
If you’re a frequent or long-time traveler, I want to help you do it even more and better. Let Nomad Woman tempt you to the “Insider” spots I’ve discovered and inspire you to experience every trip more deeply and richly. If you’ve never traveled, whether because of fear, family, finances, whatever, I want to show you how you can and why you should. If you think you’re traveling days are past, I want to prove you wrong. My aim is to be the trusted voice with a great travel story you turn to to ignite your travel dreams. With information, inspiration, and example, I want to empower us all to get up, get out and see all that the world still has to offer us. And all that we can give back to it.
Nomad Women Brings You:
• Travel tips on how to get the most from your travels, no matter your age
• Inspiration on where to go and what to see—from someone who’s been there, done that
• Stop fear of traveling solo in its tracks, plus how to also best enjoy traveling with a group
• What to eat and drink when you’re out in the world…and why the world is such a delicious place
• How to travel farther and more frequently on a limited budget
• Reviews of some of the best small, little-known museums in the world, great restaurants along the road and hotels and other accommodations where you’ll feel more than comfortable
• Travel for older couples, travel with siblings, and multi-generational trips
• … and that’s just for starters
Nomad Women is for us. Join the journey. There’s a big, beautiful world waiting for us.
Join the 82,000+ people who follow me on Social Media. See what’s new with me, what I’m sharing from other great blogs and pages, places I’m pinning, and my photos in Instagram. Just click on the icons up there in the right-hand sidebar.
Here’s a tiny sample of what you’ll see if you follow me on Instagram..
Still curious about Me?
A few odd, disjointed and little-known-little-worth-knowing facts about Donna:
• I played the lead role in the Amsterdam production of Hair in 1971
• I spent almost a year driving an 18-wheeler tractor-trailer across the US. Yeah, really! And I was an ace at parking that big pig.
• I’ve published seven historical romance novels and one novella under the name Megan Daniel
• I can stop hiccups cold with my mind
• I taught myself to speak Dutch in the ‘70s but forgot most of it later. I can now read it at about 75%.
Most of all, I hope you’ll stick around, return often, comment when you see something that interests you. Tell me what you want more of. And tell your friends!